Monday 2 May 2011

Creature Design 'Excavador'

Another 7 week assignment ,this time round is Creature Design.Everything was done in
Photoshop. My concept is focusing towards an Ancient Creature that has 'Charger' like capabilities which they were used to charge down castle walls or doors during siege battles.I spent a lot of time on the silhouette stage generating and mixing the ones I like till I came out with the shapes that appeal and convey the feeling that I was looking for in my creature design.

01-Sihouette

02-Form Development

03-Combination of Sil+Selection

04-Final Selection of Design

05-Final Choice

Excavador Final Render

Excavador Turntable
For the environment illustration, started out in black and white so I don't have to worry about the values at the later stage when I go onto colors. I just wanted a scene where the creature has charged through the walls of the enemies with walls cracked, debris and some leftovers of the soldiers rushing to defend their kingdom and lastly fires and flames around the environment to portray the mood of the scene even more. Basically a tilted composition to make it more interesting and dynamic. Enjoy the process and workflow I tried for this assignment compared to my Mecha Design.

Excavador Environment Illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment